The last few weeks have left me feeling a bit unhinged. For those who have not read the preceding posts, this is a VERY brief summary.
I enrolled in a One Year Thai Language course, at the Language Institute at Chiang Mai University, in May 2010 and have spent the last several months, along with my husband (he'll be doing a TEFL course), packing up our lives.
My course and the Cultural Exchange program were cancelled. Time will tell if I receive a refund for the 15,000 ฿ I paid as a deposit. There are various explanations as to why the two programs were wiped, some of which you can read in the earlier posts.
About four weeks prior to travelling I received the email breaking the bad news and didn't want to rush into parting with any more money while still in Australia, organising another course. So, I'm arriving on a 60 tourist visa and will take it from there. I've made a short list of language schools who offer visa support and will investigate their cirriculums, then make a decision while in Chiang Mai. Because I am arranging this in Thailand, I'll have to fly to Laos or similar and apply for my Non Immigration ED visa.
I was tempted to delete the old posts and start from here, but that wouldn't tell the whole story and they'll remain here for prosperity.
I'll be arriving in Chiang Mai fairly late on the 21st October 2010 and probably won't be posting on this blog until after then...unless something goes terribly wrong on Monday when Stray and I visit the Thai Consulate in Brisbane to apply for our visas.
Wish me luck!