Chiang Mai Thai

Ever wanted to learn Thai, in Chiang Mai? I did just that from November 2010, returning home in October 2011. If you don't want a headache, start HERE, it will explain the preceding posts. I'm Snap, Stray's other half. COOEE is our (other) travel blog.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Chiang Mai Public Bus Route

Here's a recap on a previous post about Chiang Mai's public bus route. Perhaps it's just me, but I swear there are more buses on the road these days. Not just the odd eco friendly species or two, nor the old rattletraps, but brand spanking new blue versions.

Below is a map of the three routes (click on the photos for a better view).


The moat is indicated by the light blue square (I know...I'm brilliant!). The two major roads to the west of the moat: the southern road is Suthep Rd, the northern road is Huay Khaew Rd.

Fares range from 15 to 30 Baht and depending on the time of day and route, buses run every 15, 20 or 30 minutes.


If you've used the public bus service in Chiang Mai, or would like more details, please leave a comment.

Cheers! สเมป See what else we're up to at Cooee!

5 comments:

  1. I don't need the bus route but I'm happy that you finally have more busses in Chiang mai :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Catherine I hope to give the busses a run for the money before leaving. And, I really should pull my finger out and rewrite the time table etc...but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates shared on this blog. Very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those buses really running? I have not seen any in two months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were running in June 2011. Anything could have happened since then ;) I'll try to take notice when I return early this year. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment.