Chiang Mai Thai

Ever wanted to learn Thai, in Chiang Mai? I did just that from November 2010, returning home in October 2011. If you don't want a headache, start HERE, it will explain the preceding posts. I'm Snap, Stray's other half. COOEE is our (other) travel blog.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

When does kha (ค่ะ) become jao (เจ้า) ?

We're bbbaaacckkk :)

We'll be looping from Bangkok to northern Thailand and back, via another route. Hence, the question, when does kha (ค่ะ) become jao (เจ้า) ?

I've been in both parts of Thailand, but never travelled by land through the twighlight zone. We're expecting to ride due north from BKK and return down the eastern side of LOS.

Any ideas of what to see, what to do?

Cheers! สเนป See what else we're up to at Cooee!

8 comments:

  1. Wow I am jealous but look forward to reading your blog posts about this trip.

    Are you planning on stopping in Ayuthaya to see the Buddha head in the tree roots that you looked for in Angkor.

    These are not really far east but if you not templed out from Angkor you could visit Phimai or the more impressive but harder to get to Phanom Rung.

    I also really enjoyed going to Khao Yao National Park.

    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keith, I've been to Ayutthaya, but only briefly. This time, even though it's only a short distance from BKK, we're thinking of making it our first overnight stop. So any hotel recommendations would be appreciated.

      I'll plot your suggestions on my map :)

      We'll have 3 friends with us, so it should be fun! Counting down the months, weeks, days now.

      Delete
    2. Sorry no hotel advice was there back in 2008 and just picked someplace in the guidebook and don't recall the name.

      If you are going to make it as far east as Ubon Ratchathani I enjoyed going to Khong Jiam and found the surrounding area pretty.

      Have a great trip.

      Delete
  2. I've always been attracted to Thai traditional arts including Thai dancing and music based on court entertainment and religious rituals. Thai boxing, an indigenous sport originating from military training of Thai warriors, is very popular among the local, though I personally find a bit brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Thai Songs, I'm not a big boxing fan myself, but do appreciate the skill and efforts of the competitors.

      Delete
  3. Snap, for suggestions, follow Richard Barrow or read his blogs. And if you can't find what you want he often takes the time to give travel advice.

    I'm looking forward to reading about your trip too! What a great adventure you've planned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice Cat, I know Richard is highly regarded for all things Thai. I read many of his articles a few years ago. Now I'll revisit with a new mission in mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice it sometimes very difficult to understand the local dialect..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment.